Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Work: Inside and Out



It has finally decided to become cold here and actually stay cold. A few daffodils at my workplace got a jump on spring, no doubt fooled by the 70-degree weather we had a little over a week ago. They are currently holding their own during the freezing nights and cloudy, chilly days.

Meanwhile, I am stuck inside in the middle of this horrible mess. This is what it looks like when I'm trying to ship two books. Pretty ugly, no? But there's no point in cleaning up until these books go. Anyhow, a slice of life:


5 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, January 24, 2007, Blogger John Adair said...

My favorite part of that latter picture is the post-its all over the computer tower with the three styrofoam cups in a row right below. It just screams "organized". :)

 
At 8:51 AM, January 25, 2007, Blogger Diane said...

Ha! You know, it was only after I took the shot that I noticed how funny all those cups looked--so perfectly arranged! :) And my computer tower is rather infamous; I've had people stop outside my cube just to remark about it. I'll have to take all that stuff down someday. I can only write myself so many notes!

 
At 9:05 AM, January 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever, you need those notes! I have them all over my monitor still, just like the old days. And, ah, the big yellow folders. Hello, old routing slips!

 
At 4:48 PM, January 26, 2007, Blogger Doug said...

Yes, the cups in that shot exhibit an Ozu-like symmetry in their composition. ;)

Have I ever mentioned that daffodils are my favorite flowers? (They used to grow wild at an abandoned house in the woods behind my property when I was a kid.) Beautiful shot!

 
At 5:29 PM, January 26, 2007, Blogger Diane said...

Thanks, Doug. And the house in the woods...now I have this beautiful and mysterious image in my mind.

Ah, "Ozu-like symmetry"...that's TOTALLY what I was going for there. ;) Just ignore my previous comment where I said the cups looked "funny."

McCharen, you are right. I DO need those notes. I stuck a Cooking Light–related one on the tower about a year ago and found myself consulting it just yesterday as I was editing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home