Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Thoughts on the New Year (and the Old)

Here are the two words that best sum up my thoughts on 2006: Good riddance. I pray that 2007 will be much better all-around.

Julie, Mark, Ron, Melinda, Deb, Mom: Thanks so much for what you did for me (where did you get such patience?). You are each a blessing. Cue the song "Five Stars and Two Thumbs Up."

So, did anyone make any New Year's resolutions? I never make them, but I'm toying with some ideas this year, though they will probably be rather hard to pull off. But they would most likely be beneficial. Anyway, I do have some things to think about.

As far as this blog goes, I've learned to stop saying I have plans or even intentions to post on any specific thing. Any statement proclaiming that I will write about something seems to always work as a death knell, leaving you with film journal entries and personal anecdotes instead of, well, any of the film or music reviews I had hoped to write about. But so it goes. Thanks, dear readers, for hanging around these parts anyway. I am grateful for each and every comment.

Happy New Year, y'all!

2 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, January 03, 2007, Blogger Doug said...

You don't think we'd actually post our personal resolutions do you? ;) I hope to be a better and more productive person! (How's that?)

And I hope one of your resolutions is to travel more, because deep down, I know you'd love it. (But maybe suggesting resolutions to other people is not entirely fair.)

 
At 11:38 AM, January 03, 2007, Blogger Diane said...

Nah, it's rhetorical. Heck, I didn't even share my own. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home