Monday, October 23, 2006

This and That

A "what the heck" moment: Walked into Parisian (a nice department store) over the weekend. Saw a LONG line of people, some sporting KISS t-shirts and makeup. I made my way past the line and saw Gene Simmons on a platform touting his new line of fragrances for men and women. Someone who was with me confirmed that it was him, since Simmons wasn't sporting the makeup. Um, the heck?! KISS perfume and cologne?! Now, I'm hard-pressed to name a single KISS song (someone did tell me they did the one about rocking and rolling every night and partying every day, which I've heard). When I think of KISS, I think of something like, say, "Back in Black," which is not even a KISS song. If I hadn't been afraid of, I dunno, getting attacked and having my head ripped off or something, I should have yelled out, "Hey, Geneā€”back in black, baby!" Heh.

A mess of a movie: Watched Bunny Lake Is Missing. Wondered if The Zombies produced this film, as the movie managed to randomly insert performances by them here and there throughout. Scenario: Two main characters walk into a pub to talk about a missing girl. Cut to a TV set in the pub. Show a couple of minutes of The Zombies performing. Later, have the heroine escape from the hospital by finding her way through a back exit. A man near the exit is listening to the radio, which is conveniently playing the same song by The Zombies. Dumb. And then there was Noel Coward's very bizarre cameo. And a silly ending that just went on and on and on....

Greek to me: I ordered a used copy of the Tri-Danielson Alpha CD from a vendor at Amazon. It arrived today, and as I looked through the track listing, I noticed that something was amiss. Where was "Rubbernecker"? Where was "Pottymouth"? Where was "Lord Did You Hear Harrison"? Hmm. Then I realized I'd been sent Omega instead. That's what happens when you don't know your Greek alphabet, I guess, since the title's not spelled out anywhere. (Of course, you could go by the fact that the background for the cover art is black on one disc and white on another.) But now I know the symbol for omega, anyway. No crisis, since I don't have this CD yet, but this is the old original version, and some things were changed, I think, for the rerelease. Hmm.

And speaking of Danielson...

Thank the good Lord above for: Daniel Smith (plus the family/famile) and all of the various incarnations of Danielson (Famile, Br., Ship, Tri-). This music makes me feel happy in unhappy times. "Give it up and crawl on through!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home