Saturday, December 30, 2006

Good morning!

Wow, nothing really gets my day off to a great start like waking up to someone pounding on my front door at 5:40 a.m. (especially when I went to bed around 2:00). Yeah, it's also awesome to stumble in the pitch dark to the peephole and realize that it would have been a good idea to replace the burnt-out lightbulb above my door; I'd been meaning to do that for days. I absolutely love being able to see only a man's shadowy profile through the peephole--as he keeps pounding and pounding. And I've been watching too many horror movies lately and receiving too many phone calls where the person on the other end never says anything, including one call the other night around 3:30 in the morning. So, you can imagine. I think that incident took some days off of my life.

Actually, my hot water heater had broken and flooded the apartment downstairs, so I was spared and have no real reason to complain. But this continues the trend of having something in my apartment break while I'm on vacation. Seriously, it always happens. The maintenance man and I should be BFF by now. Hey, we were hanging out yesterday morning while I was still in my robe, so you know we're close.

3 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, January 04, 2007, Blogger Doug said...

Wow, Diane--how frightening. Somehow I missed this post before, but I'm glad you're safe and your hot water heater is fixed (presumably). I hope you're getting more sleep these days!

 
At 9:12 AM, January 05, 2007, Blogger Diane said...

Thanks, Doug. I got a new water heater, so I'm good to go. And the people downstairs didn't have to move out, even though they originally thought they would.

There's an apartment over me, too. Hmm...makes me wonder what kind of shape the water heater up there is in. :o

 
At 3:22 PM, January 08, 2007, Blogger Diane said...

OK, can I just say how glad I am that I watched Polanski's Repulsion AFTER this happened and not before?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home