Thursday, January 18, 2007

So this is what it means to own a digital camera.



I recently got a digital camera, and I was driving home from work the other night and was stunned by how beautiful the sky was. Then I realized that I had my camera with me. It's just a shame I was, you know, driving. By the time I got out my camera and reached a red light so I could actually get the shot, I'd lost a lot of the sky because of the trees, and I had that darned light post smack in the middle of my view. But still, there's something really great about being able to take a shot just whenever. And I'm still amazed that my new camera is about half the size of my hand; I'm so used to my old-school Pentax (old-school, yes, but still pretty awesome). The more technologically advanced folks have, of course, appreciated this sort of thing for years. I'm late catching up, so I'm still in that phase of childlike wonder. Anway, this is not a great photo, but I'm quite glad I was able to capture at least part of that sky.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, January 18, 2007, Blogger Diane said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:32 PM, January 19, 2007, Blogger John Adair said...

Even if it was a little more obscured than you wanted, that is still a beautiful sky, Diane. I look forward to seeing more photos when you get a chance.

 
At 1:14 PM, January 19, 2007, Blogger Diane said...

Thanks very much, John. It was breathtakingly beautiful in person.

I'm hoping to keep my camera with me as much as possible. You just never know....

 
At 5:37 PM, January 24, 2007, Blogger Diane said...

Doug, I do have to share your digitally-altered version, which is currently housed at Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49849841@N00/368441853/

Wish I knew how to do that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home