Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Changes

Lots of things have been going on lately, including changes at work. The company is implementing a new workflow process because production is increasing so much. I now have a new manager, and I have a new position on some projects (while still filling the copy editor role for many others). For the first time, I'll be working as a project editor on some titles, so I sort of feel like I'm learning the ropes again. I'm trying to get used to the idea of setting schedules, leading meetings, working more directly with designers and the production team, etc. It should be interesting.

4 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, October 10, 2007, Blogger Aaron White said...

Congratulations! Project editor; will you get to decide what kinds of cookbooks to do now?

 
At 1:05 PM, October 10, 2007, Blogger Diane said...

Thanks. And nope. I'm also called "production editor." Basically, once the manuscripts have been completed, it's up to me to see them out the door.

 
At 10:37 AM, October 18, 2007, Blogger John Adair said...

Wow, sounds kind of like a promotion of sorts? Congrats, Diane.

 
At 10:40 AM, October 18, 2007, Blogger Diane said...

Thanks, John. I should clarify that it's not a promotion, though. It's just a chance to work on a couple of projects in a different role. I think I might enjoy the change.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home