Monday, May 22, 2006

Welcome

Hello and welcome to Your Russia. Perhaps I should explain my blog's title. First of all, I am not Russian. Nor have I ever been to Russia. Nor do I have any idea what your idea of Russia might be like. "Your Russia" is the title of a song by David Eugene Edwards (my blog description also refers to this song). If you haven't heard of Edwards, see if you can track down some of his music, either his work with the band 16 Horsepower, or his work with his current band, Woven Hand (or both). By naming my blog "Your Russia," I'm paying tribute to him and his music, as well as to another artist I greatly admire—Andrei Tarkovsky, the famous Russian director. The title just seems fitting, since music and film are two things I adore, and I appreciate the approach Edwards and Tarkovsky take to their respective arts.

So again, welcome to Your Russia. Enjoy your stay.

5 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Russell Lucas said...

FIRST!

 
At 3:26 PM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Diane said...

Now, Russ, that's a claim to fame you can really be proud of. Plus, I'm giving you a gold star (it's a virtual one, but it's yours just the same).

It's great to have you here.

 
At 10:41 AM, July 01, 2006, Blogger John Adair said...

I like the look of the place, Diane. I share your hope that this will get you writing more. You should easily be able to outdo my recent and paltry once a month pace.

 
At 3:25 PM, July 05, 2006, Blogger Diane said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:30 PM, July 05, 2006, Blogger Diane said...

Oops, that was me above. I guess there's no editing comments here. Obviously, I'm still learning my way around this place.

Thanks for the comment, John. I can usually come up with some ideas about blog posts, but they rarely seem to materialize these days. I've got to work on that.

Hey, you may be posting only once a month, but at least you're writing some terrific and in-depth entries!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home